Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Urban Garden

So I've never been good at gardening, or keeping plants alive (I once killed bamboo. Isn't that bad luck?), but I've moved since last summer and actually live in a place were there aren't 100 trees in the yard taking up all the sunlight.


Snap dragons are the first thing I planted while my toes stayed warm in my monkey slippers!

This is the end result. Basil, garlic chives (yum!), oregano, spicy oregano (can't wait to try this one!), thyme, dill, parsley and i think there's a few other things in there as well.


And, of course, catnip for the kitties! This picture wouldn't have been so blurry, but Minnie was so excited that she wouldn't stop moving! It was pretty cute.

4 comments:

  1. Nice urban garden! I used to have a real green thumb, then we moved to Texas, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever squeeze the snapdragons to make them go "RAWR!"?

    Minnnie is very glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those herbs will serve you well over the summer!
    Congrats on getting it all planted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys! i don't have much of a green thumb, so we'll see if these plants survive!

    earlier today, i was making the snap dragons sing along to the music on tv. no rawr-ing, though!

    ReplyDelete